Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A shot in the arm



If you have a husband, you get this.

He called me the other day from his Los Angeles office. They were giving away free flu shots. He wanted to know whether he should get one. Cause, you know, he's never had the shot and he's never gotten the flu.

I was all, "ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?!"

Perhaps he didn't remember a time, just over eight months ago, when he almost missed the birth of his son BECAUSE HE HAD THE FLU! I reminded him how my midwife and doula were laughing because he was moaning louder than me - and I was in active labor!

Funny thing is, he actually needed me to tell the tale again. I thought it was the woman who wasn't supposed to remember the pain of childbirth?

We hung up, with me not sure what he was going to do. When he came home, I knew he'd gotten the shot - because he was muttering something about how now he has "flu-like symptoms" that can sometimes be a side affect.

He didn't. He was just fine.

And the good news is, now HE can take care of my unvaccinated self if I get the flu.

He just had to take one for the team.

1 comment:

kirsten said...

bwahahahahahahaha! love the man-drama. Which is to say, the noise you get when they feel they are being noble & brave, and actually they're just whining like the rest of household.

And the richness of the fact that all he had to do was walk down to whatever clinic & get the shot - without organizing a sitter, without making an appointment, without trying to get out of the house? Fuggeddabboudit.

Related Posts with Thumbnails