Monday, November 16, 2009

Let it Snow

"Sawyer, now that soccer is over, is there any activity you'd like to do this winter?"

"Little League."

"Well, that starts in March. You have a few months in between if you wanted to try something else. Basketball, maybe?"

"No, I think I'd like to do a snowman making competition."

"That sounds great, but we don't have snow here."

"Why don't you check on your computer, Mommy? I'm sure you can find one."

If only it were that easy. Because a snowman making competition with my little boy? Sounds awesome.

And for those of you who live in places where this would be possible, take a moment or two from cursing out the weather this winter and remember how really cool it is to play in the snow with your kids.

I promise not to send pictures of us building sand castles at the beach.

1 comment:

kirsten said...

So I have this theory that the reason Californians are generally fitter is that there are no soul-crushing 35 degree wet gray days, on which you were supposed to go running but literally can't face being out there for more than 3 seconds.

Having said this, you are right. I'm pretty sure snow was invented for kids. Snow days are so much fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails