Saturday, November 14, 2009

10 Things You Don't Know About Me

 
Posted by Picasa


Wow. I look kinda bad-ass in this picture. Or stoned.

Anyway, here we go:

1. I was interviewed in my hometown paper in fourth grade because I was appearing in a play as Mary the Fairy. I said I wanted to be an astronomer. I later found out that required math knowledge. And so the dream was dashed.

2. I loathe mayonnaise. I mean, DESPISE it. I gag if I have to put it on Sawyer's sandwich. Thankfully he forgot about this particular condiment and hasn't asked for it in months.

3. I played the clarinet for five years. I was awful. I wanted to play the saxophone but the store was all out. I clearly never recovered from the disappointment.

4. I was a varisty badminton player in high school. Oh yes. Fastest racket sport in the world, people. And in Connecticut, there were lots of private schools to play against, including Miss Porters, of which Jackie O was a graduate.

5. My second and third toe are longer than my big toe. Aside from practical uses such as picking up pencils from the floor and creeping out my friends and family, it is actually a structural issue and is why distance running is not such a good activity for me.

6. I met my husband-to-be at Atlanta-Hartsfield airport (I was not wearing open-toed shoes, see #5). We didn't see each other again for six months, on our first date.

7. I used to sit on my bed and look out the window to see if I could spot Rudolph's nose on Christmas Eve. Apparently he doesn't fly by the Jewish kid's house.

8. My favorite ice cream is Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. I will be eating it for breakfast once I'm allowed to eat dairy again. I mean, it has coffee in it, right?

9. When I actually get to leave the house without kids, my arms physically ache to hold Xander if I am gone too long.

10. I would move back East in a New York minute. Unfortunately, my husband is not interested. So here I stay. It's been more than 10 years out here now and still it does not feel completely like home yet. Maybe a nice, bigger house would help?

2 comments:

kirsten said...

I am SO WITH YOU on the mayonnaise issue. My kids won't eat it either, just b/c they've never been exposed to it, and because it it a foul foul product.

And my toes are funny looking. DH, when still a BF, told me that if I ever got plastic surgery, it should be on my feet. Charmed, I'm sure.

Simply Lovely Gifts said...

Just another reminder of why I like you so much! And I am SO with you on #10, but like you it's not gonna happen for us :-(

Related Posts with Thumbnails