Saturday, December 22, 2007

'Tis the season




My girl just does not like Santa. She had the same reaction last year. She was all for it this time - until we actually got there and she saw the Big Guy.

She then clutched me with a death grip and yelled "NO SANTA, MOMMY! NO SANTA!"

Even attempting to bribe her with a candy cane did nothing.

I'm not clear why she gets so upset, when all we're asking is that she sits on the lap of some stranger with an overabundance of facial hair and wearing more red than ANY man should in a lifetime.

It is kind of a sick thing we do, putting our kids in a situation where they're terrified just for the sake of a photo. Not that this has stopped me. I figure she'll just add it to the list of parenting blunders she'll discuss in therapy one day.

So now I will bring you some kinder, gentler pics of the post-Santa trauma, complete with her working on the candy cane.



7 comments:

Pink Dawn said...

OMG- they are sooooo beautiful! :)

Dorothy said...

you are so cute, Cheryl! The kids too of course.

Jen C said...

So cute!! Love the pictures!

Sadly we didn't get to make it to see Santa this year. So mine will have something else to talk about in therapy—my mommy never took me to see Santa, wah.

What can you do? ;)

Cheryl said...

Thanks! The picture of me is weird - my eyes are doing something whacky and I hadn't washed my hair in a few days (I know, eeew).

Jen - We took them Friday night, so we almost missed this year. But I don't like to give up a chance to torture my daughter, so...

Julie said...

Ah, the annual torture.. ahem... Santa picture. Maybe next year will be the year Sage enjoys this tradition. ;-) Cute post-Santa pics of all of you!

Simply Lovely Gifts said...

Too cute! And at least she got on his lap. Julia wouldn't even get out of the stroller. And her individual Christmas picture is her on my lap bawling. Oh well, maybe next year, right?

And ITA with the "more red than a man should ever wear"...you're too funny!!

Cheryl said...

Thanks Julie! She can't cry three years in a row...can she?!?!?

Leslie - Poor Julia! Maybe she and Sage can get a pic together next year! LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails