Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Plague

Sage has this incredibly annoying habit of sticking her fingers in her mouth.

I have tried everything to stop her, but of course she thinks it's hilarious and will smirk at me as she's putting her Digits of Death into her mouth.

I am constantly pouring the hand sanitizer on her and washing her hands. But you can only do so much.

So it really wasn't that shocking that she got a runny nose and spiked a fever out of nowhere - especially when earlier in the day I watched her run her hands over EVERYTHING in the bathroom at the pool while I was getting Sawyer changed after swimming lessons.

WHY DON'T YOU JUST LICK THE TOILET AND GET IT OVER WITH ALREADY???

Luckily she's fine now, but not before giving her Superpower Germs to me. In all fairness, I can't give her all the blame. Sawyer was sneezing his head off for a couple days earlier this week, so it was probably just a Cocktail of Snot that did me in.

But why am I always sicker than the kids? I allegedly have an immune system, people! I spent last night with a box of Kleenex, shivering under my comforter despite wearing flannel pj bottoms, a long sleeve shirt AND a fleece - while moaning over my splitting headache.

Sage decided that she wanted to come in and snuggle at 2 a.m., but upon realizing Mommy was making some kind of funny snoring/snot gurgling noise, she quickly retreated to the safety of her crib.

If only I had a Quiet Place I could go.

A girl can dream...

2 comments:

Jen C said...

Seriously! How do kids last through childhood? Jman is always putting his fingers in his mouth and up his nose. Ewww! It's no wonder that we've had the stomach bug and pneumonia in the past month.

Hope you feel better soon!

Cheryl said...

Thanks! I never knew kids were such horrible, germ-collecting little creatures. Just another perk of motherhood! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails