Monday, December 03, 2007

Thank goodness I'M so perfect..

Who'd have thought there'd be this much chatter over a little bit of cottage cheese.

It is quite sad. Pathetic, really.

For those of you who actually have a life and don't spend every waking moment a minute perusing the latest Hollywood gossip, here's the deal.

I happened upon a picture on TMZ of someone's not-so-toned butt in a black bikini. Since I was already on the site, I figured I MAY as WELL see who the butt belonged to.

It was Jennifer Love Hewitt, who I first saw on one of my favorite shows back in the day, Party of Five.

You would think she just shot Bailey (played by short but cute Scott Wolf, although I always liked Charlie better, who of course is now Jack on Lost) the way the nastiness is flying.

The blogbloids talk about her "waddling around Hawaii" and how the pictures make them "ill" and then there's my personal fave, this delightful missive from some clearly intellectual website called The Superficial: "What the hell are those ghosts whispering to her? That cake fights cancer?"

She decided to respond via her blog (she's SO 2007!) to say stuff such as "Like all women out there should, I love my body." And "A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful." And "I'm not upset for me, but for all of the girls out there that are struggling with their body image." And "To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini – put it on and stay strong."

SHE HAD TO DEFEND HER ASS - am I'm not just talking like the kids do. She literally had to stand up to say that she's fine with how she looks (and with HER boobs, who wouldn't be?). And jeez, she was on vacation celebrating her engagement, so that made her vacation shots that much more "special."

The thing is, she looks like most women in America. Hell, she looks BETTER than most women in America.

And, like most women in America, she's not perfect. Which must make some men people feel uncomfortable. Angry, even. Like how DARE she have a flaw? She's gorgeous, has amazing knockers, her own TV show, doesn't drink (or drive)like LiLo or party like Paris.

She doesn't have questionable parenting skills like Britney and hasn't spent a moment in prison.

But she does have CELLULITE! Oh, the humanity!

Get off her ass. Seriously.

I think I'd much rather have my daughter see the picture of JLH's butt than that of say, Paris Hilton, so I could say "This is what a REAL woman looks like, and she's beautiful and happy and successful."

Then I'd order her off the computer and out into the world. No matter what might jiggle along the way.

9 comments:

Jen C said...

For REAL?!? Cellulite?!? AAHHH the humanity.

It never ceases to surprise me how awful some people can be. That type of cruel bashing could be detrimental to her career. I know they think they're being funny or irreverent but they're not. I can't believe she even has to respond to the type of shizz.

Cheryl said...

I know it. I should have a butt like hers! ;)

Good for her, though, for saying that she loves her body and F-you if you don't!

Jen C said...

Totally. I actually went over to TMZ to see the picture. I'm actually shocked to see how bored people are.

I say love the butt you're in!

Cheryl said...

I debated posting the picture but I felt like it'd been seen enough! Some of these websites are unbelievable, and the people who then comment are just as enlightened. Oy.

taoruns said...

Who can tear their eyes away from her perfect boobs long enough to check out her ass?

Hey, you are so included in the OC Half plan! At one point, the schedule for that weekend was a 20 miler, which wouldn't work with just doing the 13, obviously. But I think you changed the schedule to doing your 20 1 week earlier than I had originally set out. In which case, the half would be perfect. So register your ass for the race, girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

I think JLH is gorgeous! I love watching Ghost Whisperer and she always looks amazing. I'm glad she stuck up for herself and hope it wasn't just 'talk'. That's happened to celebrities before where they say 'I'm happy with my body' or something similar but then you see them a month or two later, and they're beyond skinny. It's a lot of pressure for these stars.

Melissa said...

OMG Cheryl, I saw this on tv last night and just about died. Good for JLH for defending her butt and good for you too! :) Thank goodness TMZ doesn't have any pictures of my butt...

Cheryl said...

Maybe I should post a picture of my butt with this thread. On second thought, burning that image on your retinas for the rest of your life is beyond cruel, so I'll resist..

Cheryl said...

Oh - and Sarah - Welcome!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails