Monday, December 31, 2007

It's my birthday, it's my birthday

I'm still in my 30s, I'm still in my 30s...

Since it's the last year I can say that, I'm saying it LOUD and I'm saying it PROUD.

Thirty-nine.

39.

Does that sound old or what?

Thanks to my lovely head cold, 39 feels like the new 59.

I can't really complain, though. Thirty-eight was pretty good to me.

I ran my first 10ks, half-marathons and one Big Honkin' Marathon.

I got down to a size 6.

I didn't murder accidentally maim or otherwise injure either of my kids or dogs.

My husband still loves me. I think.

My snoring and recent affair with my box of Kleenex might send him over the edge.

I killed a ginormous mutant spider in my son's room. All by myself. Because David wasn't home, leaving me to fend for myself.

I made great new friends.

I said goodbye to my father.

I hosted my mother - twice - for five days. And survived.

I raised $5,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and delivered an SUV-full of baby stuff to a very needy family.

I bought into a business and hosted my first home workshop.

I got some freelance gigs.

I ran 12 - or was it 14? - miles with a severe sinus infection.

I listened to my "mommy gut" and got Sage speech therapy.

I got new boots. Today. Wanna see?


I took risks.

I did something for myself.

I'm 39.

14 comments:

Melissa said...

Cheryl... You Rock! :) After having done so much great stuff with 38, I can't wait to see what you're going to do with 39!

Melissa said...

Oh yeah...and... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Mely said...

Happy 39th Birthday!!!!This year was a good year for you since you achieved so much. Congrats again and hope that you keep up with all the good work!

Happy Birthday Cheryl!!!!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, guys! My big goal for 39 is to get rid of this head cold! LOL

Simply Lovely Gifts said...

What a year of accomplishments! Hope it was a very happy birthday & looking forward to seeing what the new year brings :-)

Pink Dawn said...

Glad you had a great b-day and got some fab boots. ON the age thing, I'm right behind you! I've accepted and embraced my "oldness". LOL

taoruns said...

Happy Belated! A celebration is in order -- maybe lunch this weekend after the mentor meeting? 38 sounds like its going to be hard to top, but I will do my part to make sure that 39 is equally fab for you!

Cheryl said...

Thanks, everyone! My question is, why do I still get pimples? Isn't there something good about getting ancient?

Pink Dawn said...

OMG Cheryl!!!! If you find out the answer to the pimple situation, please let me know. I'm always wondering how I can have gray hair, frown lines, love handles, AND those blasted pimples!!!!

Cheryl said...

HA! You like you're 16!!!

Cheryl said...

I mean, you look like you're 16!

Just J said...

Happy Birthday! What an incredible year.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl - Happy Birthday!!

Cheryl said...

Thanks Jennifer and Janine! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails