Thursday, September 14, 2006

The ultimate pickup line



Sawyer decided he wanted Daddy to take him to preschool today. He said he didn't want to go, but David talked him into it and he was happy when he left. Then David called. "Coyote uuuugly" was his description of the dropoff. Sawyer threw a nutty, saying he wanted to go home NOW and that he wanted Mommy. But David left him after about 10 minutes, and we got no calls, so we figured he'd settled down. When I went to get him, guess who was sitting on the teacher's lap while she read a book to the class? He seemed very happy to see me and wanted to be picked up right away. "I love you Mommy," he said. "I missed you. I had so much fun!" And then, as we walked out of the gate.."I'm so proud of you, Mommy!"

Sage update: She is now starting to point at what she wants and say "Dis. Dis." She also said something that sounded like "cracker." Both came in handy when I was sitting here typing. She waddled over, pointed at the bag of goldfish crackers next to me, and said "Dis." My little piglet!

1 comment:

Jen C said...

Wow! Congrats to Sage for making her needs know!

And congrats to you for being a preschool mama now. :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails