Saturday, September 16, 2006

Random thoughts...

So Sawyer is sick...AGAIN!! I really think this current runny nose/cough thing is allergies. His eczema is also going crazy. He had a playdate Friday and I called his friend's mother this morning to make sure her son wasn't sick, and he's fine, as is Sage, leading me again to think this is allergies.

Speaking of playdates...so my friend's son J is potty trained, and went to go pee in the bathroom. Sawyer wanted to go in too. After J was done Sawyer wanted to try to pee, so I got his diaper and shorts off. He tried to go, but couldn't. He then found an empty toilet paper role under the cabinet and ran off to the living room, sans bottoms, and jumped on the couch. Then my boy decided to put the tube on his penis - and he was, shall we say, pretty excited about the whole thing! He thought it was pretty hilarious. My friend yelled at me to get a camera, but David had taken one on his trip and the other was locked in the office with the dogs. The kid definitely has a fascination with his private part...

Sage had just three bottles today! I brought her down after she woke up and gave her breakfast right away and a sippy cup full of soymilk. I gave her a formula bottle before her nap (she was pretty stoked about it), then one of soymilk before her second nap (she was a little confused by the contents). I gave her a regular formula bottle before bed. I do not want the 18-month bottle marathon we went through with Sawyer! She also - so far, knock wood, rub the rabbit's foot, pick a four-leaf clover - has not had any adverse reactions to the soy milk. Woohoo!

I could never, every be a single mom. I really don't know how they do it. I mean, really. The past two days have been tough. Sawyer doesn't listen, and Sage is a wild woman. Luckily she at least has been sleeping well. Sawyer was in my room at midnight, 4:30 a.m. and again at 6. I'm too worried he's going to fall out of bed to let him stay. Plus, I'm not into the family bed. I love my space too much! Anyway, when he came in at 6, he was very fussy. He'd been sneezing all night, and his nose was really stuffy. He was having a hard time breathing. Finally, at about 6:30, I lifted my head to look at him. He pounced, throwing Curious George Takes a Train at me and demanding that I read the book! Ugh. My eyes refused to focus. I almost dozed off as George hid in the garbage can (luckily Sawyer pointed out where he was hiding). I did get a little time to myself later in the day and managed to doze for 45 minutes while both kids slept. I then took both kids out to our favorite fast-food Greek place. I swear it took me a good 15 minutes to get them out of the car once we got there. First I had to get Sage's booster seat together. Then I had to get her socks and shoes on. Put her in the stroller. Attach the diaper bag to the stroller. Stick my wallet in the stroller. When I got Sawyer out, he cried that he also wanted to ride in the stroller. But I'd asked him before and he said he'd wanted to walk, so I had the combi and not the Duallie. Luckily dinner was mostly uneventful, though Sawyer spilled enough rice on the patio to feed an entire flock of birds. Or pelt a large wedding party...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails