Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Classic Play!

My uber-talented friends, Jen and Dave Cooper, have just released their new issue of Classic Play.

I can only dream of being this creative. The photography is stunning, the words are beautiful.  A lot of thought, time and energy went into this baby. Please check it out - it's all about love!

Oh, and you might just find the lovely writing of our girl Kirsten from Nilsen Life, as she remembers a long-ago childhood crush. Do you remember yours? I sure do.

In preschool I believe it was Eric Snyder. I think he had dark curly hair. Then there was kindergarten. I am not lying to you, people, when I tell you my crush's name was Shaun Cassidy. He kissed me on the nose once. But I wonder how things went for him when he was in fifth grade and the Doo Ron Ron was the hottest song on the planet. At least, it was if you were 10. We'd moved by then so I can only hope he made it out of elementary school alive.

What I really remember is my first real boyfriend. I will never forget the feeling of him taking my hand when we were walking down a street. In public. You know, where everyone could SEE. It was official: someone liked me! It was my Sally Field moment, what can I say.

For my essay, I chose to write about the love you have for your children. How it's not at all the same as the love you have for your dog, or cat, or turtle or whatever. Trust me. I know.

So now I'd like you to stop reading this blog and hurry on over to Classic Play and feel the love!

2 comments:

Jen C said...

Cheryl, I am so thankful that you are such a big part of Classic Play. Honestly, I couldn't have done this without you.

Cheryl said...

Awww...thanks for letting me be a part of it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails