Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Valentine for You


I love you! I really do!

I want you to be happy. I want you to feel warm. Happy and warm.

Because I know you're freezing. If you take off your Snuggie and go look out your window, you will see a big pile of snow. Cold, cold snow. Plus your window is probably a little drafty. It's got to be like, what, 21 degrees outside?

You poor thing.

I guess this means you didn't get to go to the beach today. Your kids weren't wearing shorts and a tee shirt, unless it was under their snowsuit.

And that is why, as a public service and as a token of my deep, abiding love for all of you, I will now present a small gift.

I call it, simply, Our Valentine's Day at the Beach Where It was SOOOO Warm and Sunny and We Had a FABULOUS Time - and Did I Mention it Was 82 degrees?

Here we have X taking a little walk. In his beach shoes.


Sage sends her love. Through gang signs.


Sawyer wishes he was throwing snowballs. But he had to go with what was around.


X also wanted to mention that sometimes Extreme Cuteness can cause a state of well-being, which can leave you feeling like you just had a nice cup of hot chocolate.




Just to show we weren't just standing around looking adorable, I give you our scientific expedition to a tide pool. If you look carefully, you can see an orange starfish on the rock on the side of the rock across from Sawyer.


And look! Sea urchins!


All good days eventually come to an end. We sure hope you enjoyed these pictures. And just think, in about four months, you, too, can feel warm on the inside AND on the outside.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Tide pools! I miss that! Looks like a lovely day. Weather finally shaping up here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails