Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Ovaries are Quivering

The thing about having a baby is sometimes you're so busy just trying to survive the day it's tough to sit back and really, really marvel over how amazing - and amazingly cute - they are.

I mean, one minute they're helpless, smushy little blobs and the next they're pulling Tampax out of the box they found in your bathroom cabinet and are walking around gnawing on them. Or maybe that's just my kid.

Anyway, I cannot WAIT to see this documentary from Focus Features entitled, simply, Babies, which will debut in theaters on Mother's Day weekend. I received the trailer Sunday at the La Moms/Bit Defender conference and was enthralled. And sad, too, as it's a reminder that my own baby's first year is rapidly coming to an end.

The documentary follows four babies from four different places: San Francisco, Namibia, Tokyo and Mongolia, from when they are born til they are a year.

Take a look. And don't be surprised if you find your OWN ovaries tingling.

5 comments:

kirsten said...

what just breaks my heart is how FAST that first year goes, and how little I remember of it. I PINK FUZZY HEART Babies!!!

Jennifer I. said...

Awwwwww! I hope that shows in theaters here. And it isn't just the first year that flies by. How do I have a 7 year old already?

Andrea said...

I definitely want to see this movie - it is too cute - and how awesome to get to see babies from different parts of the world. Maybe it will fix the baby ache too...since my little one is 19 months I admit to a little bit of ovary aching...

Cheryl said...

I'm afraid I won't be able to watch this movie without sobbing! Fifteen days til X's birthday (sniffle, sniffle)

Liz said...

I caught my 3 and 4 year olds playing "torpedoes" with my tampons.... And they

So nope... our kids are not the only ones. (:

Related Posts with Thumbnails