Sunday, February 04, 2007

13.1, baby!


Well, I did it (I'm the one on the right, with my friend K). My first half-marathon. It was...painful. At least the final three miles were! I had horrible calf cramps by then, but I managed to finish at 2:22 (and I actually got teary-eyed when I crossed the finish line), which was within our goal time range of somewhere between 2:15 and 2:30.

By the time I walked through the chute, got my chip snipped off and grabbed water, my calves were cramping so badly I was walking like a sailor after shore leave. All I wanted was a banana - and they were ALL OUT! I grabbed a blueberry bagel and started crawling, er, walking to find David. It took him awhile to find me, but when he did, I was SO happy to see him. We found my training partner, K, who finished five minutes ahead of me, and took some pics (I'll post later).

People, running that far hurts. I wasn't even winded, just felt like I wanted to lie down and nap - right there on the pavement of PCH. It wasn't until I got home that I realized I actually did have an injury. I noticed on my running shirt there was a long streak of brown, kind of like I'd hugged a short person who had a lot of foundation on her face. So then I took off my sports bra, and that's when I saw the blood: I'd chafed the skin off under both breasts - and Lord knows I can't afford to lose any volume off the girls!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations Cheryl!!! I am impressed! :)

Cheryl said...

Thanks, Melissa!

Julie said...

Way to go! Congrats!

Julie said...

Way to go! Congrats!

Cheryl said...

Thanks Julie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails