Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Read the fine print

Sawyer went back to preschool today after missing Monday with the Plague. He still is congested with some post-nasal drip, but the doctor who I took him to see yesterday said as long as he's fever-free for 24 hours, he could go.

Part of me felt guilty for sending him today. I had to juggle his health vs. my sanity. Because even though he'd spiked a fever at 2 a.m. a couple nights, during the day he was acting mostly normal. He was pounding on his sister. Stealing her toys. Making loud monster noises in my face while I'm on the phone. Harassing the dogs.

I needed a break. So I sent him to preschool, where he could cough on other kids but not on me. He wasn't too thrilled about going, since apparently they don't let him watch five hours of TV like Mommy does when he doesn't feel well.

All morning I half-expected a phone call telling me to come pick him up (when David dropped him off, Sawyer's teacher was leaving - she was sick with a head cold!). But he made it through and had a good time.

He wore a nametag sticker on his shirt during school to help out the substitute teacher. He took it off when he got home and put it on the arm of the couch.

We were sitting there after lunch. I was trying to convince him that a nap was a REALLY good idea. He wasn't having it. Then I picked up the sticker with his name on it and said, "What does this say?"

He glanced at it and replied: "It says 'I don't have to go to bed.'"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails