Saturday, May 31, 2008

And Away We Go!

So I'm off. Yes, yes, I know I've been off for years. What I'm saying is I'm off to San Diego. Torrey and Cindy are coming to get me, and then we're driving down to San Diego.

We need to go to the expo to pick up our bibs (no, not a plastic thingy with Elmo on it to collect my drool and assorted crumbs, it's our race number we wear) and our timing chips, which we wear on our shoes. It keeps our "real" marathon time, as it takes awhile to actually cross the starting line.

The expo usually has some cool stuff to paw through, like shirts, gadgets and other running gear. Then we're going to watch Sex and the City, which my neighbor saw yesterday and loved. So I have high hopes. Even though I was just luke warm about the actual show.

We have a pasta dinner tonight. Then it's early to bed, because we have a wakeup call at some ungodly hour tomorrow. The race starts at 6:30 a.m.

We are, of course, hoping to have a good run. Still have the same goal we've had even before we signed up for this insanity: BEAT KATIE!

5:29:58

Oh! Cindy and Torrey are here! See you on the other side!!

For updates, check out Torrey's blog. Link is on the left side of this blog.

3 comments:

Simply Lovely Gifts said...

GOOD LUCK!!!! I'll be rooting for ya :-)

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK GIRL!!! You will do great and you will definitely beat katie....

Melissa said...

Ooooohhh, I'm dying to hear all about it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails