Monday, February 18, 2008

Well, I USED to be in shape

I was supposed to run with one of my training partners this weekend, but she was not feeling well and cancelled. I really, really needed to run.

These past few weeks have been rather stressful, as you might imagine. My biggest stress reliever has been running. But with the pregnancy/miscarriage, I had some forced time off. Plus, David has been out of town, so I haven't even been able to go to spin.

I figured the silver lining would be I'd given my foot plenty of time to chill out. So I decided to do an easy run on my own. I was hoping for five miles, but as soon as I started, I knew three was more reasonable.

I huffed. I watched a woman zip right by me, only to see her stretching later and notice that she is pregant. And faster than me.

I soon discovered that a) my foot still hurts and b) being out of shape sucks.

Add this to the fact that I have been a carbo load without a race.

I'm surprised I can fit into any of my pants.

This blows.

To top it off, I have a pain in my side exactly like I had after doing my marathon.

I am calling my podiatrist tomorrow and starting on a series of shots in my foot ASAP. I'm supposed to be training for another marathon, which is in June. Hear that, neuroma? I need you OUT of my FOOT!

I want my miles back.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails