Saturday, January 20, 2007

Run, Forrest, Run

I think even Forrest Gump, braces on his legs and all, ran faster than me. Slow does not begin to cover it. Glacial? Today, K, S and I did our long run in preparation for the 1/2 marathon. S ran one a couple weeks ago, and is not running the Pacific Shoreline, but joined us anyway. She didn't make it to running camp this week - just couldn't get herself up in the pitch black to go run in the cold. Anyway. Our goal was to go 10 miles. We ran the first four miles pretty much together. Then we turned around and came back, mostly uphill, and I could not keep up. I was barely moving, and I can't figure out why. Breathing? Form? Both? It was very sad. And frustrating to say the least. I caught back up right about 6 1/2. S was running faster than both of us by the end.

The good news is we finished the 10 miles. We averaged a 10:36 pace, finishing in 1:46. So conceivably, we'd finished the 1/2 in about 2:15. Or at least, I would. I'm sure K will be somewhere way ahead of me.

It could be worse, I guess - I could be home sitting on my ass!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails