Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Note to Self

Self: Don't show your 2 1/2 year old the movie Bug's Life. Sawyer was watching it the other day, and right at the beginning, these giant, ugly-looking grasshoppers invade the ant hill. Sawyer seemed okay, but then I looked over to where he was sitting on the couch, and his whole face crumpled and he started crying. I asked what was wrong and he said "I'm scared of the grasshopper!" It broke my heart to see how frightened he was. And really, they WERE kinda scary. Big bulgy eyes. Creepy antennae. And those legs! Needless to say, I immediately turned off the movie and told him they were just on TV, they weren't real, and Mommy wouldn't let anything happen to him. Phew. Of course, last night before bed, he said when he closed his eyes he saw a bug. We were prepared for nightmares, but he finally fell asleep without further insect incident.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails