Friday, August 10, 2007

HIDE and seek..

The "hide" part is, I've discovered, torture for a 3 1/2 year old. We played hide and seek tonight, and Sawyer got to hide. When I got done counting to 10, and had shouted "Ready or not, here I come" Sawyer responded by shrieking "I'M IN THE GARAGE! I'M HIDING IN THE GARAGE!" I explained to him that he's not supposed to TELL me where he's hiding. He said okay, and proceeded to inform me he'd be hiding in the kitchen next. Then I got to hide, and squatted behind the couch he was sitting on while counting: "1, 2, 3, 4, TEN!" He raced by me, but Sage ratted me out, yelling "EEE MOMMY!" It might not have been perfectly by the rules (perhaps we should rename it Hide and Shriek?), but it was a perfect way to spend 20 minutes of a Friday night!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails