Monday, October 09, 2006

Run Mommy Run

Two weeks left - actually, 11 days - til the timed mile. Will I do an 8-minute mile? Isn't that the name of Eminem's movie? Today I kicked butt. Seriously. Never mind that a few women who are faster than me did not show up today, including the fastest woman in the group. I was running right up there in the top 3 or 4, and we did a tough hill run, going almost 5 miles. It is amazing how well I do when I don't have stitches that feel like someone is pulling out my insides with a melon ball scooper. Wednesday we're doing the toughest run of the camp. We did it a couple weeks ago and I thought that it was just a one-time thing, but no. That time, one woman's husband actually set up a table with water for us to grab - this was at 6 in the morning! I know my husband was snug in bed, snoring away, at that hour. Because he's smart.

1 comment:

Jen C said...

That's awesome! I am sooo incredibly impressed!!! First of all, I have a hard enough time getting my lazy tush out of bed at 8:00. Second, I don't even know how to run. I totally look like Pheobe from that episode of Friends where she runs through Central Park. Ugh! Humiliating.

Congrats on all your hard work. I'm sure you're going to totally kick some butt on the final run!

Related Posts with Thumbnails