Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My little pumpkin!

Sawyer and I went to Tanaka Farms on Sunday and we had a BLAST! There's been a couple times recently where we've gone out and he's actually listened and behaved like a nice little boy as opposed to a demon seed bent on seeing how many times he could make my head spin around.

Tanaka Farms has a little petting zoo. In the past, Sawyer's either wanted to be carried or just refused to touch the animals. This time, he was a wild man! He wanted to pet every goat - and he did! He was cute, pretending to kiss them. Then we went on a tractor ride and got to pick our own carrots, green beans and onions. If you ever want your kids to eat vegetables, let them pick them themselves!

It was a great day, and a nice mommy-son bonding time. It unfortunately ran through his normal lunch time, and I was desperate, so I bought a little lemon loaf cake at the farm's little shop. I dug out a hunk with my (washed) fingers, and Sawyer ate it in his seat on the drive home, shortly before he passed out and, I'm sure, dreamed of fuzzy little goats...

Running update: We are in our sixth week, and it's not getting easier. What I wouldn't give to do a run with no hills. I did a 6-mile bonus run Saturday morning which involved picking my way up and down steep hills covered with soft sand, rocks, and drainage flaps. Oh - and it was me and the two fastest women. Needless to say, I spent a LOT of time watching their ponytails flap in the distance. Today I did another extra 3.2 miles. This time, a few other women went too, and one of them ran right along with me, which was nice. Not sure if I'm going to get that 8 minute mile by the end of camp, but I'm a lot closer than I was when I started!

1 comment:

Jen C said...

How fun! We're having DD's 4th birthday party at a farm/petting zoo and we can't wait.

And I'm totally impressed by the whole running thing. Seriously, I don't think I could run a 1/3 of a mile without having to stop and walk. I'm puffing just sitting here typing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails