Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Still Mustard

Xander reached the two-month mark yesterday. Why didn't I blog about it yesterday, then? Maybe it's because he's decided he no longer needs a nap at any point during the day. He instead spent his two-month birthday drinking way too much and barfing all over me - including once when he was still latched on. Yep. That's as icky as it sounds.

So here I am, a day later. He did turn nine weeks today, so at least something happened. Anyway.

The big, huge, momentous thing to report is actually something that didn't happen at all: he did not greet his advanced age the way his sister did, with a flourescent green, bloody poop.

Hers really appeared before this time, but two months is when I had to wean her because I couldn't get her digestive system to calm down.

WARNING: I will now go on to discuss poop. If you don't have kids, especially those with allergies, you will not understand why this is blogworthy, why a mother would investigate the contents of her child's diaper as if it held the meaning of life.

Okay. You've been warned. So I noticed Xander had some poop that was venturing into the dark green variety a couple weeks ago. But now that I'm off dairy, soy and wheat, I've seen a change. Not only is he no longer grunting for hours on end, or having explosive blowouts that can be heard across the street, he's not even pooping that often anymore. And the poop that I see is still that mustardy-yellow color.

I'm hoping this is a good thing. I feel a sense of accomplishment that we've gotten this far nursing. Because he's a high-need kid and, frankly, that's the only way I know how to pacify him at this point.

Hopefully in another month I'll have some more good news. My next project is to figure out how to get him to stop spitting up so much (he's on prevacid, so that should help).

Or, at the very least, aim it better so I'm not getting a lapful of warm, white cheese. 'Cause, really, I love him, but that's just not right.

1 comment:

Janine said...

what a great milestone!! so happy for you two.

Related Posts with Thumbnails