Thursday, June 21, 2007

It must be noon somewhere...

...because Sawyer is full of whine by 9 a.m.! I mean, I can see whining by, say, right around lunch, when he's hungry. But 9? He's recently eaten breakfast, he got to watch some TV - can't he just hold off for another couple hours? And the pitch! Seriously! I know that mothers are genetically or evolutionarily wired to respond to a newborn's cry because we cannot take that sound for ONE MORE SECOND. But I really think the same goes for whine. Children must be blessed with the ability to find our last nerve and then trounce on it with that awful sound. Makes me want to run my nails over a chalkboard because the noise would be a welcome relief! You know what I'm saying??

2 comments:

Mely said...

Cheryl,

Zoulanche can be the worst whiner in the world...That is something that I am still dealing with her...I can't stand kids whining...good luck with Sawyer!

JenC said...

I know exactly what you mean. And how do you deal with it? Is it a punishable offense? Most of the time I guess no, so what's the solution??? Ugh

Related Posts with Thumbnails