Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The old heave-ho

So perhaps I was a bit hard on myself, as my friend M pointed out. Looking back, the 10 miles was a HUGE accomplishment - especially in light of of what happened later that night. David and I were, simultaneously, hit with a heinous stomach/intestinal bug. I'll spare you the gory details, but let's just say that at 7 a.m. I started calling the neighbors to see who could take David to the hospital. Yes. It was that bad.

I had not barfed in 10 years, and that episode was a result of a night of ill-advised drinking of four two many kamikaze shots and probably three too many beers. Ugh. It still makes the stomach quiver. Or maybe that's just from today's lunch. My body just does not throw up easily, and boy, it made me suffer along for four hours before mercifully, it booted everything up and out and made me a new woman.

We're all still feeling icky (Sawyer and Sage had it Friday; Sawyer barfed again on Sunday and is still not eating and is acting lethargic) but hopefully it's all behind us (and BOY was there a lot of stuff behind us).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails