Friday, November 17, 2006

Let the taunting begin

Sage's new favorite thing to do is to grab whatever toy Sawyer might have put down for a nanosecond, or maybe snatch one of the 47,000 planes he's playing with on the floor, and make a run for it. She usually beelines to wherever I am sitting with Sawyer in hot pursuit. He then either cries or tries to wrestle the toy away from her, which results in her crying. I try to explain to Sawyer that she only wants it for a minute, and then she'll move on to something else. Or I encourage him to find another toy for her to play with. He is trying, but he's only not quite 3. Needless to say, I feel like a referee most of the day.

In other developments, Sage was sitting in her high chair yesterday eating lunch. I looked over and she started flapping her hands at me. It took me a few seconds to realize she was doing the sign for "all done" which I had tried to teach her. I wasn't all that consistent with it, but she picked it up. I asked her if she was all done and she smiled. She also did it at dinner that night. I'm so proud! She definitely is not as verbal as Sawyer was at this age, so maybe she'll use the sign language. Sawyer had no interest.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails